With the email service of Aruba.it you can set 2 types of automatic responders: Vacation Message or Autoresponder.
The Vacation Message allows you to set an automatic reply for all the emails received by your email account. It is usually used for periods of absence and if you are not able to check your emails, or to send various types of information such as change of email address etc.
Creating a Vacation Message is very easy, once you have logged in the Email Control Panel, you just need to:
· Click on the Edit icon next to the account for which you wish to set the Vacation Message,
· Tick the relevant “Enable Vacation Message” checkbox;
· Enter the Subject and Message you would like to send as a reply;
· Confirm the operation by clicking on “Update Mail”.
Once activated, each message delivered to your email account, will automatically receive the Vacation Message which you created.
N.B. The activation of the Vacation Message eliminates the Forward function.
Whereas, the Autoresponder, is the creation of a fictitious account, with the only function of sending an automatic message to all incoming emails, which are addressed and received by a real email address specified when creating the autoresponder.
To create an “Autoresponder” account, once you have logged in the Email Control Panel, you just need to click on New Autoresponder and enter the following parameters in the setting panel:
· Autoresponder Name: here you must enter the FICTITIOUS email address which will only be used for sending your automatic reply.
· Name in full of the EXISTING email account which will receive the messages: here you must enter a complete address of a REAL email account where you would like to forward the messages received by the autoresponder.
· Subject and Text of the automatic reply.
For example: You would like to create a “fictitious” email address where you wish to receive the entries to a competition, that replies to all the received emails: Thank you for contacting us, we will reply to you as soon as possible.
The Autoresponder Name (or rather a nonexistent address) could be this: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Name in full of the EXISTING account could be: email@example.com
Subject: Competition 2008 – Text: Thank you for contacting us, we will reply to you as soon as possible.
Then you will give this address: firstname.lastname@example.org to all those who wish to participate, asking them to send an email with their Curriculum Vitae.
Anyone who sends an email to email@example.com (fictitious account), will receive a reply from firstname.lastname@example.org with the following message: Competition 2008 – Thank you for contacting us, we will reply to you as soon as possible (subject and text of autoresponder).
Subsequently, the emails of the contestants with Curriculum Vitae will be forwarded and received by email@example.com (real account).
You can create a Vacation Message and an Autoresponder for each account.