Process set out by the Data Quality Policy introduced by Nominet (registry responsible for .uk ccTLDs):
- Name and surname/company name of the Registrant;
- Address of the Registrant
Tale verifica viene richiesta nei casi di:
- New registration;
- Change of Data;
- Transfer (only when the data is also changed)
Validation email for .uk domains: See the email
SUBJECT: communications - Subject: VERIFICATION REQUIRED - Please verify your domain name(s) as soon as possible
From: Aruba S.p.A.
Date: 2014-10-02 23:14 GMT+02:00
Subject: VERIFICATION REQUIRED - Please verify your domain name(s) as soon as possible
Recently you registered or modified the contact information for one or more of your domain name(s). As of September 22, 2014, Nominet requires all accredited registrars to validate their contact information.
The following domain name requires verification by 2014-10-23:
In order to ensure your domain name(s) remain active, you must now click the following link and follow the instructions provided. You will be required to upload a document to prove that the name and address assigned to your domain name are correct.
Failure to follow the above link and complete this process will eventually lead to the suspension of your domain name(s).
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Validation email for .uk domains: How to reply
By following the link found in the message, you will reach a page with a few simple steps you need to follow:
The documentation accepted by Nominet, in order to validate the data correctly, is the following:
- Company registry certificate
- Official trade register
- Valid driving license
- Valid National ID card
- Utility bill (last 3 months)
- Bank statement (last 3 months)
- Indirect Tax Notification (last 3 months)
- Official company letterhead
- Company stamp
Validation email: Timescale and result
The data must be validated within 30 days of receiving the validation email, if not, the domain will be suspended and a Data Quality Lock will be applied meaning the domain cannot be renewed nor transferred.
After completing the above process, OpenSRS will check the data to see if the document is able to validate the name and address:
- IF THE VALIDATION IS SUCCESSFUL: when the documentation meets the validation requirements, the lock will be removed and the service will be resumed almost immediately.
- IF THE VALIDATION IS NOT SUCCESSFUL: where validation is not successful, a new validation email will be sent to the Registrant’s contact email address. In this case the response time will not be reset, and therefore remain 30 days from the delivery date of the first validation email.